Saturday, July 30, 2016

Looking Back

For a moment, I would like to reflect back on last week’s opportunity that our team had to teach English and the Bible to workers at a tile company. Also, on our day off from teaching, the team got to explore Buddhist temples and observe Buddhist religious practices. Below are quotes from both experiences:
·       “I saw people at a temple bowing down. This encouraged me to want to pray even harder for the missionaries” Katie
·       “I saw many people so far from God. I was so happy to be able to share God’s grace with them” – Jacquilyn
·       “Love transcends all languages” – Jennifer
·       “I was so excited to see the students draw pictures and describe the Bible story that they had just learned. It showed me that God was at work!” - Richard
·       “It was clear that our Thai interpreters had a wealth of knowledge and a heart for the  
 people” –
Christi
·       “This was such a great opportunity to get the gospel out to so many people” – Linda

·       “Is it time to eat?” – Steve (On a more serious note, Steve was excited about the eagerness of the students to learn. One even clapped loudly upon hearing the story of what Jesus had done for them)

No comments: