Friday, March 6, 2009

Nine Years Later


The following is exerted from the recent email of a former Journeygirl, who worked with us in the south many years ago:
"I am so excited. . . one of my former students in Thailand has decided to become a Christian! I just had to share. . she was one of the students that I was closest to, but she never seemed that interested in knowing more about Jesus or the Bible. She moved to the States a couple of years ago and we have kept in touch. I've also continued praying for her. . . She is studying the Bible with a friend, and I think she plans to join "Fellowship Church" next Sunday. She even has a Thai friend now who is also a Christian! This is just such a blessing and an encouragement. . . I didn't see any students come to Christ while in Thailand, but now, nine years after I first met Pique, she is becoming a Christian! I feel so glad that God used me to plant a seed. Others have helped to water it, and God made it grow! I hope this is an encouragement to those of you who may be praying for someone who isn't a Christian. . sometimes it takes a long time!! Please pray for Pique (sounds like "Bic") to grow in her new faith!
With joy,
Mandy